TOP THINGS TO DO IN LISBON
Tours & Activities that you can book online
Please CLICK HERE to see more than 100 hundred suggestions..
With respect to car hire, we recommend www.rentalcars.com.
On this site, you have the biggest car rental companies where you can search and compare prices and choose the best offer & Book Online.
A car is strongly recommended in order to move around. However, if you want to rely on public transport, Uber or Bolt are the best and cheapest choices and are readily available. To use Uber or Bolt, you need to install the Apps on your mobile phone.
Our beach villas are privately owned and are located in Aroeira Sea & Golf Resort 20km south of Lisbon and in Troia Resort 50km south of Lisbon
Aroeira Sea & Golf Resort
Aroeira Sea & Golf Resort is located in a natural reserve, 25km from the center of Lisbon and just 600 meters from the beach.
Aroeira is the largest golf resort in the Lisbon region, with 350 hectares, thousands of pines, and 13 lakes. Aroeira has 2 championship golf courses with full 18 holes, a golf school, a cozy clubhouse with a restaurant, a 4-star hotel, a shopping area with a supermarket, fresh fish shop, snack bar, bar, gourmet, restaurant, book shop, pharmacy, medical clinic, beauty clinic, hairdresser, clothes shop, and a golf shop.
The resort is fully enclosed with a concierge and even though, is a very relaxed peaceful area, it has permanent 24-hour security. These features make Aroeira the place of choice for family and friends' holidays where the practice of golf, beach, scuba diving, private and beautiful shared tropical pool, tennis, trekking, biking, leisure, and contact with nature does not prevent, by proximity, the enjoyment of a beautiful Capital full of day and nightlife.
Activities within the golf resort: Golf (2 golf courses 18 holes par 72), Tennis (4 tennis courts), Tropical Swimming Pool with a children´s/baby pool. Note:
To rent the tennis courts, use the tropical pool, or play golf you need to pay a fee.
Activities within the immediate vicinity: Fantastic beaches, Surf, Windsurf, Kitesurf, Biking, Jogging, Trekking, Scuba Diving, Health Club, Spa, Beach Restaurants, Beach Bars.
Troia Resort - A Portuguese Jewel
It was not by chance the Romans settled in Troia around 2000 years ago.
Once you visit this wonderful sand extension, trapped between the Atlantic Ocean and the Sado River, you really get the feeling they knew what they were doing. Located at the top of the biggest sand extension of Portugal, Troia recently opened its doors to tourism providing visitors with new hotels, resorts, golf, and the newest casino in Portugal.
Here you can explore the wildest part of yourself and still be close to a cosmopolitan lifestyle. The balance between nature and development is a priority and efforts are being made to protect this Portuguese jewel.
With more than 50 kilometers of the unspoiled white sand beach from Troia to Sines, facing the Arrabida National Park and magnificent transparent waters, Troia is perfect for nature lovers, water sports, dolphin watch, and family vacations, and romantic escapes. You can cruise along its 17 km, visit desert beaches, watch the sunset at the dunes or have a drink in a beach bar. By night the marina is full of life and colors, the smell and tastes of the Portuguese gastronomy will allow you to finish your day like a Roman emperor, with a big smile just making time for tomorrow.
FITNESS ACTIVITIES (at or near Aroeira Resort)
Golf course 1 - Aroeira Pines Classic
Golf course 2 - Aroeira Challenge
Location: Aroeira Resort
To book times CLICK HERE
Tennis and Paddle
Location: Aroeira Resort
Reservations: Mr. Tiago Marques
Tel: +351 964622231
1) Tennis courts: 15€/hour
2) Paddle court: 6€/person (24€ for 4 persons)
Aroeira Tropical Pool & Bar
Location: Aroeira Resort
June & September:
Children (up to 12 years):
Weekdays: 10€ Weekends: 15€
Weekdays: 15€ Weekends: 20€
July & August:
Children (up to 12 years):
Weekdays: 15€ Weekends: 20€
Weekdays: 20€ Weekends: 30€
To see the menu at the pool bar CLICK HERE
Surf / Kite Surf / Standup Paddle
Location: Av. 1º de Maio S/N, Praia Fonte da Telha (at the first beach next to Aroeira Resort)
Reservations: Mr.Arlindo Neves
Tel: +351 968 689 188
1) Group Lessons (duration 1h30 - 1 teacher up to 6 persons): 30€/person
2) Individual Lessons (duration 1h30 - 1 teacher / 1 person): 50€
3) Pack 5 Lessons (duration 1h30 - 1 teacher up to 6 persons) - 130€/person
1) Group Lessons - (duration 1h30 - 1 teacher / 2 persons): 45€/person
2) Individual Lesson (duration 1 hour - 1 teacher / 1 person): 70€
1) Group Lessons (duration 1h30 - 1 teacher up to 6 persons) - 25 euros/person
2) Individual Lesson (duration 1h30 - 1 teacher / 1 person): 40 euros
3) Pack 3 Lessons (duration 1h30 - 1 teacher up to 6 persons): 70€/person
(Equipment and sports insurance included)
Board Rental: 15€
Wetsuit Rental: 5€
To view, the website with information CLICK HERE
Location: Avenida 1º de Maio, 33, 2825-397 Costa da Caparica
Reservations: Mr. Nuno Dias
Tel: +351 939836784
€3,50 - per hour
€10,00 - per day
€50,00 - per week
The cost to deliver and pickup up the bicycles at the villa is dependent on the number of bicycles
Gym / Fitness Health Center
Location: Rua das Quintinhas 15, 2820-352 Charneca de Caparica (10 minutes drive from Aroeira Resort)
Tel: +351 2964180
To view, the website with detailed information CLICK HERE
Full Pass Price: €10 / day
Hiking / Walking / Jogging
Walkway "Mata dos Medos"
Location: Passadiço Mata dos Medos, N377-2 2820, Charneca de Caparica (10 minutes drive from Aroeira Resort)
To view, photos and the location on Google Maps CLICK HERE
Accommodation Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Making your booking
Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
Once the completed Booking Form and the Initial Deposit have been received and accepted by us, you will be informed by email. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our written confirmation and is subject to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation.
2. Paying for your booking
If nothing else is agreed, you are required to send to us your payment for the balance of the Rental at least 30 days prior to the Arrival Date. If you fail to make a payment due to us in full and on time we may treat your booking as cancelled by you.
3. Refundable Security/Damage Deposit
The Refundable Security/Damage Deposit, included in the final payment, is to be applied against the reasonable cleaning and/or repair or replacement of the property, furnishings, fixtures and fittings. On the departure day, after a joint property inspection and delivery of the keys, if nothing is reported damaged or broken, the Security/Damage Deposit will be refunded 7-14 days after the check-out.
It is imperative, that each party must act in accordance with good faith and fair dealing in this matter.
Note: It is important to emphasize that the homeowner will deduct any charges if needed in a fair and just manner up to the Damage/Breakage Deposit amount.
4. If you cancel or amend your booking
If you need to cancel or amend your booking you must telephone us on the number shown on our written confirmation as soon as possible.
You will also be required to confirm your cancellation in writing or by email to the addresses shown on our written confirmation. A cancellation will not take effect until we receive written confirmation from you.
5. Cancelled bookings
In case of cancellation, there will be no refund.
6. If we cancel or amend your booking
We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings.
If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking and, if it is necessary to cancel your booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us.
7. Your accommodation
If nothing else is agreed, you can arrive at your accommodation after 16:00 hours on the Arrival Date of your holiday and you must leave by 9:00 hours on the Departure Date.
If your arrival will be delayed, you must contact the person whose details are given on our booking confirmation so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the Property. If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the Arrival Date and you do not advise the contact of your anticipated late arrival we may treat the booking as having been cancelled by you.
8. Your obligations
- You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, plates, glasses, cutlery, pans, pots, bedding and towels clean and in good condition and in the same place they were on your arrival.
- You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors or windows of the Property.
- You agree not to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to any other occupier of adjoining neighbouring properties, namely any type of noise between 22H00 at night until 9H00 in the morning.
- You agree to take good care of the audio and TV equipment that are available for use.
- You agree not to move furniture around or to take any indoor furniture whatsoever, including chairs and tables outside.
- You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property.
- You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property), health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage), accidents and death.
- You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property, nor can you take your pet into the Property unless it has been arranged in advance and it is shown on your confirmation. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you.
- You agree to allow us or any representative of our access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs.
- You agree to allow the garden and pool maintenance personnel to cut the grass and to treat and vacuum the pool once a week.
- You agree to maintain the pool clean and spotless, and not allow guests to jump into the pool from the garden grass in order not dirty the water.
- You agree that smoking is not allowed inside the house. However, smoking will be allowed outside in the garden.
- You agree that pets are not allowed inside the villa.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible.
It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature (for example, regarding preparation or heating of the Property) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence.
We will do our utmost to try and resolve these unexpected situations or cases should they arise.
Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to the €1.500,00 and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement.
We are not liable for any accidents, personal injuries or death within or outside the property.
You are liable and agree to take full responsibility for those who fall or use the pool at will, namely babies and underage children.
The contract between you and us is governed by the law of Portugal and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issues which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of Portugal.