Accommodation Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Making your booking
Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
Once the completed Booking Form and the Initial Deposit have been received and accepted by us, you will be informed by email. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our written confirmation and is subject to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation.
2. Paying for your booking
If nothing else is agreed, you are required to send to us your payment for the balance of the Rental at least 30 days prior to the Arrival Date. If you fail to make a payment due to us in full and on time we may treat your booking as cancelled by you.
3. Refundable Security/Damage Deposit
The Refundable Security/Damage Deposit has to be paid in cash on arrival.
We will hold the Security/Damage Deposit to be applied against the reasonable cleaning and/or replacement of the property, furnishings, fixtures, fittings or whatever damage, broken, scratched or stolen objects during your stay will be deducted from the Security/Damage Deposit.
The Security/Damage Deposit will be refunded on the departure day after a joint property inspection and return of the villa keys.
It is imperative, that each party must act in accordance with good faith and fair dealing in this matter.
Note: It is important to emphasize that the homeowner will deduct any charges if needed in a fair and just manner up to the Damage/Breakage Deposit amount.
4. If you cancel or amend your booking
If you need to cancel or amend your booking you must telephone us on the number shown on our written confirmation as soon as possible.
You will also be required to confirm your cancellation in writing or by email to the addresses shown on our written confirmation. A cancellation will not take effect until we receive written confirmation from you.
5. Cancelled bookings
In case of cancellation, there will be no refund.
6. If we cancel or amend your booking
We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings.
If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking and, if it is necessary to cancel your booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us.
7. Your accommodation
If nothing else is agreed, you can arrive at your accommodation after 16:00 hours on the Arrival Date of your holiday and you must leave by 9:00 hours on the Departure Date.
If your arrival will be delayed, you must contact the person whose details are given on our booking confirmation so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the Property. If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the Arrival Date and you do not advise the contact of your anticipated late arrival we may treat the booking as having been cancelled by you.
8. Your obligations
- You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, plates, glasses, cutlery, pans, pots, bedding and towels clean and in good condition and in the same place they were on your arrival.
- You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors or windows of the Property.
- You agree not to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to any other occupier of adjoining neighbouring properties, namely any type of noise between 22H00 at night until 9H00 in the morning.
- You agree to take good care of the audio and TV equipment that are available for use.
- You agree not to move furniture around or to take any indoor furniture whatsoever, including chairs and tables outside.
- You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property.
- You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property), health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage), accidents and death.
- You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property, nor can you take your pet into the Property unless it has been arranged in advance and it is shown on your confirmation. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you.
- You agree to allow us or any representative of our access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs.
- You agree to allow the garden and pool maintenance personnel to cut the grass and to treat and vacuum the pool once a week.
- You agree to maintain the pool clean and spotless, and not allow guests to jump into the pool from the garden grass in order not dirty the water.
- You agree that smoking is not allowed inside the house. However, smoking will be allowed outside in the garden.
- You agree that pets are not allowed inside the villa.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible.
It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature (for example, regarding preparation or heating of the Property) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence.
We will do our utmost to try and resolve these unexpected situations or cases should they arise.
Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to the €1.500,00 and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement.
We are not liable for any accidents, personal injuries or death within or outside the property.
You are liable and agree to take full responsibility for those who fall or use the pool at will, namely babies and underage children.
The contract between you and us is governed by the law of Portugal and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issues which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of Portugal.